Established in 1993 by Nikolaos Strikos, General Manager, the company has been active with great success in the following fields:
- Since establishment, in the area of Electromechanical Works in the public and private sector, and the Construction Industry in general.
- Since 2004, in Railway Electrification and other Railway Infrastructure Projects, having acquired state-of-the-art machinery and equipment. Since 2004 it has been a regular partner and subcontractor for ALSTOM SA.
- Since 2010, in the field of Renewable Energy Sources, specialising in the design, construction and maintenance of PV Stations, successfully cooperating with the largest global energy companies, both in Greece and overseas. Within 4 years, it has already completed construction of PV stations in Greece, Italy, Romania, the Republic of Panama, the United Kingdom, and in 2014, it began work on installations in Chile.
- Since 2013, the Company has been certified in the specific sector by TÜV AUSTRIA as an EPC Contractor (Engineering – Procurement – Construction).
The Company’s aim is the successful execution of the projects it undertakes, responding to all requirements, needs, technical specifications and environmental concerns of its clients. To this end, it pays great attention to:
- The technical expertise and effectiveness of its staff, which receives high-level technical training on a regular basis with the respective accreditation.
- The reliability of the products and services it offers, always choosing to cooperate with internationally recognized firms.
- The flexibility to adapt to the constantly evolving technological and financial conditions of the market.
- The application of modern international construction methods and management practices.
- The ongoing renewal of its equipment and machinery so that it meets the highest quality, safety and reliability requirements.
STRIKOS POWER COMPANY PRESENTATION
Strikos Power was founded in 1993, in Athens, Greece, by Mr. Nikolaos Strikos, President – CEO, in order to provide services in the field of electrical installations within Greece and abroad.
STRIKOS Power activities has been expanded also in the rail engineering sector and more particularly in the power distribution and energy management systems (OCL Electrification and Railway Infrastructure). Our knowledge in the field and our private fleet of the most sophisticated and modern railway machines makes us unique in the Greek market.
STRIKOS Power activities have expanded also in the Solar (PV) Field Industry, providing complete package of construction works, including Client engineering control, procurement of bulks civil works, electrical and mechanical installation, commissioning and startup.
Furthermore, our Company has the capability to support maintenance activities of solar power stations in Europe and recently Africa. A fleet of state-of-the-art machinery, self-owned and maintained by Company’s PMV Dept., provides the maximum flexibility and credibility for the timely y execution of any work all over the globe.
In March 2019, STRIKOS POWER founded a secondary office in Cagliari, Italy in order to expand and consolidate its presence in the neighbouring country.
In October 2019, STRIKOS POWER founded STR POWER CYPRUS LTD, a 100% subsidiary in Cyprus.
The headquarters of STRIKOS POWER are located in Imittos, Athens. In September 2016, the Company moved to a new building located in 27 Adrianothiron Str., 17 237 Imittos, Greece.
The Italian branch office, covering the market needs of Italy, was established in March 2019.
OUR QUALITY STANDARDS
The commitment of our company to provision of the highest standards of quality in all the services it provides, combined with its strict adherence to delivery schedules for all the projects it undertakes, serve to make our company a reliable partner for any project.
STRIKOS POWER collaborates with all major quality control and assurance accreditation bodies, and sets the following objectives for the continuing improvement and preservation of its quality system.
- To improve quality and reduce production costs for the projects through use of cutting-edge technological equipment and applied technical knowhow
- To maintain the Company’s good reputation by undertaking high-quality projects which fully satisfy the client’s requirements
- To build client satisfaction through constructive communication and prompt response to any demands and feedback that may arise
A primary objective and commitment of the company’s management team is to ensure the compliance of its quality system with EN ISO 9001:2008 for all its activities, thus securing the highest quality work and absolute satisfaction of the client.
With a view to safeguarding the quality of our work, the Company is certified by TUV AUSTRIA Hellas for the following activities:
- Design and construction of electromechanical works
- Design, construction and supply of PV systems (EPC CONTRACTOR)
- Construction of electromechanical works for railways and railway electrification
- and is certified as compliant with the following standards:
EN ISO 9001:2008 – No 01013118/00
OHSAS 18001: 2007 – ELOT 1801:2008 – No 03013011/00
STRIKOS POWER has introduced an organized health and safety system. It complies with all legislative requirements pertaining to occupational health and safety at work, in an effort to provide all its employees with safe and healthy working conditions.
The company’s key objective is to ensure that no employee of the company, or the client, or its associates suffers injury or health problems in the course of their work.
Acknowledging its responsibilities and obligations towards people and the environment, STRIKOS POWER implements EU environmental legislation and proposes the most environmentally-friendly technological solutions.
In particular, the Company focuses on:
- Compliance with EU legislation on the environment
- Saving energy
- Securing essential human and technical resources to achieve its environmental objectives
- Working to raise staff awareness in matters related to the environment, and health and safety at work
- Selecting its suppliers based on environmental criteria as well as other factors
A primary objective and commitment of the company’s management team is to ensure the compliance of its quality system with the EN ISO 9001:2008 standard for all its activities, thus securing the highest quality work and absolute satisfaction of the client.
The company takes an active approach to corporate social responsibility, aware that though construction is a vital lever to economic development, it must be carried out in ways which ensure the protection of its employees and of the environment, and that it is reliant on its ability to play a positive role in supporting and cooperating with the local communities in which it operates. The contribution of STRIKOS POWER is demonstrated first of all through its sponsorship of cultural and sports-related activities organized by a variety of philanthropic and local community organizations, as well as a number of other initiatives focused on people in need.
For the Company, however, social responsibility is a wider concept that is not aimed only at supporting isolated groups of people, but should also aim to improve the quality of life and safety of its employees, of communities in the proximity of its construction sites, and the beneficiaries of its projects.
The company accordingly operates an organized Quality Assurance and Safety Department that supports the implementation of quality, health and safety, and environmental impact management systems.